MODULE 1.5: GREENHOUSE GAS (GHG) INVENTORIES
FAST AND EASY-TO-USE GUIDANCE OFFERED BY Covenant capaCITY:
- Theme brief introductory presentation
- Example of a BEI reports: City of Ludwigsburg (Germany) and Comunita Montana Lago Trasimeno (Italy)
- Events – take a look at the Covenant capaCITY events list.
THE BIG PICTURE:
- Framework conditions (strategy and directives) - The Committee of the Regions adopted (CDR 87/2012) “Proposal for a regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council on a mechanism for monitoring and reporting greenhouse gas emissions and for reporting other information at national and Union level relevant to climate change“.
- Covenant of Mayors – committing and reporting in a European initiative
- carbonn Cities Climate Registry – international reporting platform for local governments on climate change mitigation and adaptation (targets, BEI results and measures implemented)
- Mexico City Pact – By signing this Global Cities Covenant on Climate, cities / towns agree to jointly cooperate with the aim of increasing direct access to international climate funding for cities.
- Standards and Protocol - global standardization of what should be addressed when conducting a local GHG inventory
Collect your points >>
Already collected your points? Move to the next step...>>