MODULE 4: PROCUREMENT
Level 2: Advanced training on Green Public Procurement (GPP)
-guidance to review procurement in an existing SECAP-
“Embed sustainable procurement practices in municipal processes”
Main issues addressed in this module:
- In this advanced Module on Procurement you will find in more details on how Green Public Procurement (GPP) can make the difference to your Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plan (SECAP) – also outlining how to raise your ambitions in this area, with examples and ideas for actions (e.g. vehicles, events, food and catering).
- Too advanced for you? Go to the start-up level module to get an introduction to the topic.
- The following aspects will be explored:
- Inclusion of energy and climate-related criteria and labels in all purchases
- Networking and knowledge exchange between local governments and businesses leads to influencing market evolution
- Communication and evaluation of results
- How to generate political support for green energy / low carbon purchasing
- Introducing products, services and works with a high environmental relief potential such as events, vehicles and food / catering